Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Today

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been swamped at work-----standard. I'm working on a bunch of projects: an upcoming trip to Poland to brief the Polish Air Force, an exercise my squadron is doing in Europe and a bunch of other crap. All I've wanted to do when I get home is eat and watch some news or a movie and hit the hay.

I recently watched the movie Roark recommended: Thumbsucker. It was actually pretty good---kind of weird....but I'm sure my generation can identify.

I'm also reading a new book---which I can't seem to find in my house right now. It's called "The Lost Painting: The Quest for a Carvaggio Masterpiece." It's really good....I read about it in an issue of the Economist.

Today at work I flew a pilot from the Croatian Air Force in the back of one of our 2 seat F-16's. Several of them are here on a tour of the base and are interested in the way we run a squadron. It was pretty cool to have the chance to show somebody from another country how we operate/fly the jet in basic maneuvers, etc. This particular pilot is a MiG 21 pilot and is very proficient in that airframe. We had a fun time and I got a few cool Croatian patches out of it.

Well, have to run and do the thing I hate most on earth: LAUNDRY. I was down to dress socks and was actually considering wearing running shorts as underwear beneath my flight suit.

Arrgggg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are you saying...running shorts under the bag is non-standard? Ah welll......

Dan

Anonymous said...

Oh ed
i love reading about what you are or not wearing under your flight suit

Anonymous said...

do you really say in real live life, "well, i've got to run?"

eam