Monday, February 06, 2006

Hermit Life is Good



Really I've been a hermit the last couple of days--the last two weekends for that matter. Even though the weather has been awesome (blue skies, warm, snow on mountains) I've stayed inside either at the squadron or at home. And it has been GOOD. Guess I kind of got burned out with constant travel.
Anyway, I've been to work both days this weekend churning through volume after volume of classified or unclassified manuals that we have in our weapons library. I'm updating them and putting them in new binders, etc. You see, I'm in charge of our weapons and tactics library...which sounds neat, but right now it's a serious pain. I want the vault library to be good...a place of quiet study...but it won't be that unless I get it at least visually pleasing. I've noticed that if surroundings are at least tidy, that the work or study level in people goes up. At least it does in me.
Anyway, I did way too much bookworm work this weekend and was about ready to lose it when I thought of my favorite remedy for frustrated times: Just call Alex "Artie" Thompson. I can assure you, his day or week is always exponentially worse than what yours might have been. Next post, I'll have a "Maddog Minute"---which will be a short narrative from Alex himself (his callsign is Maddog). Expect nothing but extreme comedy.
Later.
Oh, 5 dollars to the person who can guess what movie this picture is from. Roark and Brade, you guys will get it for sure.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Law,

Please -- "The Neverending Story" -- in this scene Sebastian is up in the school's attic looking at the front cover of the book -- specifically, the symbol on the front that coincides with the necklace worn by Atreyu (spelling). Ok, so I am a dork and remember way to much about that movie -- what a classic.

All for now!

Roark

Where's my five?

ed266 said...

dude,
I knew you would know it. The 5 bucks is in the mail. Do you take Turkish Lira?

Anonymous said...

That will work -- what does that compute to, like .0005 cents -- I wonder how many Alice's I could get for for 5 Turkish Lira?

Roark

Anonymous said...

Maybe a quarter of mushroom and a melted strand of cheese from the top of Alice or a drop of Blue Valium to wash it down. Nothing much for the minute yet, but I am now ordered to wear a jacket when I go outside. The boss asked me if I knew why I was always sick. I responded..."Weakness." I was then told/explained (Read: Corrected) the importance of dressing to the situation.
Artie

Brade said...

Actually I thought it might have been some lost scene from "Little Marines" until Roark set things straight.

Anonymous said...

o.m.g., don't sprain an elbow patting yourself on the back. who wouldn't know that scene. you're still a dork, by the way, but come on, do you 'really' deserve 5 bones? think not.

p.s. it's way "too" much.
p.p.s. did you minor in english?

Anonymous said...

ok, got one for you,

Princess Bride, name the actor who says "mawagge?"

eam

ed266 said...

emily,
on the attack again....

I don't know the answer to the Princess Bride question---I don't really like that movie.

Artie, you really are the most unhealthy fighter pilot in the air force.

Anonymous said...

Wow -- thanks for pointing out my typo -- you really "got me" emily. How will I ever survive the day?

Roark

Anonymous said...

Ted,
you should have put something up from the Stoned Age, that way Mark would have had a shot at winning. I hope all is going well, are you going to watch the olympics? love leslie