Sunday, May 21, 2006

Israel

This was a great trip. Good flying during the week and on the weekends I got the rare opportunity to travel around Israel. I won't bore you with work stuff--so I'll just talk about the weekends.
The first weekend we had a guided tour in the city of Jerusalem. This was an unforgettable experience and I'd really like to return in the future. We started our tour of Jerusalem by viewing it from a tall hill above the city. Our guide did a great job of explaining the centuries of history surround the city. It is just too much to list here. I agree with what our guide mentioned that Jerusalem is truly the most important city on earth. The highlight of Jerusalem was the Church of the Holy Sepulcher---which stands atop the site of the crucifixion of Jesus.
The next weekend a bunch of the guys went to Tel Aviv for a weekend to chill out and relax. We stayed in an awesome hotel right on the Med. We spent all day saturday on the beach goofing off and eating Meditteranean food. It rocked. The following day we went to the Dead Sea and a fortress city called Masada. The Dead Sea was unbelievable. I had no idea how much you really would float in the "water." We had contests to see if anybody could force themselves under water enough to touch the bottom...nobody could. You really have to see it to believe it.
I definitely want to go back to Israel..

No comments: