Thursday, March 09, 2006

Asolo, Italy



This last weekend a friend and I took a little drive to the hill town in the Veneto Region called "Asolo." It was only about an hour and a half away....so it was an easy drive. I'd actually been there a couple of times before. When I lived in Italy after college, Doug and Chris made the drive with me to this cool little town.
It has a neat castle on the hill (basically ruins) and a ton of other cool things to see. Cobblestone streets, great views and several villas which surround the town. Recently, a John Malkovich film was shot there, called "Ripley's Game."
If you want to learn more about the town, you can check out this website...http://www.world66.com/europe/italy/veneto/asolo/history

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must like cobblestones!/ Dad

Brade said...

yeah ripley!!1

Anonymous said...

Was the gate locked this time? I remember that climb and that grubbery on the plaza -- good times.

Roark