Monday, June 27, 2005

A Call to Arms

Well,
This is primarily directed at some of my guy friends who share the lofty dream of purchasing the ULTIMATE piece of property for outdoor pursuits. Fishing, hunting and telling stories--what it's all about. We always talked about moving to Alaska, Montana, Idaho or something of the sort to open a wilderness outfitters. I'd fly the float plane, Matt P. would be the P.R. rep and head guide, Chris Roark as guide and lawyer? Dave Mathis as head chef and maybe even Mark Allen as entertainment coordinator? Anyway, I had some time waiting for the schedule to be completed here at work today and started searching the net for fly fishing/outdoor properties around the country. I ran across this site that seemed to have the flavor of what we're looking for...at least to get us pointed in the right direction....

Although the wives may never allow it, it's still worth daydreaming about.

Things are pretty much normal here. It's HOT. Enough said. I've been busy and haven't had time to update this site or send emails...so I apologize.
Chris Roark is getting hitched Sep 10th and I've wickered a way back to the states to be in attendance (keep fingers crossed). After that I should be immediately going to Nellis AFB to attend an F-16 electronics/weapon system course.

Talk to you soon.
Ed

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed,
That's a cool dream to have..to own a wilderness outfitters store on a perfect piece of property. I know you love the outdoors.

Congratulations Chris Roark on getting married Sept. 10. Best wishes.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Ed,
Good to have seen this posting on your site. That's great that you'll be heading to Nellis in Nevada in September. That's just 300 miles from Phx! Just a 5+ hour dive from here...I can easily make the drive to visit you. The setting and weather is almost just like Phx, too. That's great that Chris is getting married! :) I checked out your link to the house in Montana. Don't worry, Ed. You'll get a great house someday soon. I just know it.
Take care and Stay safe.
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Yep,
unfortunately I won't have time to visit with any friends while I'm in Vegas b/c the 2 week course covers a lot of material (and I study too much) and the one day I have available I'll be visiting with one of my good friends from pilot training.
Ed

Anonymous said...

Give me a call if you ever need assistance tuning up the slap machines on your property site. And congrats to this Chris Roark guy on his impending wedding.
-A. Felix

Anonymous said...

Ed,
Me again. Ah. You will only be at Nellis for 2 weeks. Gotcha. And I understand how you will only have a small window to visit your friend. Sounds like the 2 weeks will be pretty intense. I'm glad to hear that you will be visiting an old friend, though. What are you plans after Nellis?? Have any yet?
Take care, keep up the good work and am supporting you.
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Ed,
I forgot to check your link you posted. Those are beautiful properties in Montana! Do you have a favorite among them? I understand how tight your schedule will be while taking the course in Nevada. Will you be returning to Italy immediately after the course is over?
Take care you are in my prayers,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

No wife for you, you can do whatever you want.
-Reality

Anonymous said...

Oh Eddie,
Hope you have a great 4th we miss you and are always thinking of you!! Connor wanted to call you after we watched Top Gun I explained that you fly a jet similar, but better, to him. Hard explaining no phones he looked at me like I was crazy.
I would love to own one of those homes, they looked amazing! Be safe!! What entertainment would Mark be in charge of??????
Love
Leslie

Anonymous said...

It's Hot is enough said.. Dreams are always approached as It's DONE!! So all the little fillies be ready because what's done is done and there is no turning back now .... It's always about the STORY/STORIES. As to you, "T" you are in all of our prayers.
Keep dreaming and talk to you soon.
Pevahouse

Anonymous said...

Law,

I can almost smell the trout on the grill and taste the blackjack on my tongue. As the "Boss" said -- "It's Done!" Hope all is well and you guys are staying safe. As always we are thinking of you and you are in our prayers.

Thanks to those who wished congrats on the impending nuptials. Talk to you soon.

Roark

Anonymous said...

Ed,

Hope you are doing well.

Look forward to seeing you at Chris's wedding.

Yea, I bet the food on base in Iraq is a big change from the Italian grub!

In any event, sounds like some good flight experience. Needless to say, I appreciate everything you guys do to defend freedom here and abroad.

Stay safe.

From the Commonwealth of Kentucky,
Chris P

ed266 said...

Chris P, thanks man, hey, what's your email address?
Matt P, it is done...don't worry.