Thursday, March 10, 2005

Winter Weekends


ski season...a little cold

With the massive amount of work and flying going on here in Italy...you need to take a break now and again. We've done ALOT of skiing this season. "We" is the random assortment of single guys in the squadron...who don't have the urge to spend time with the family at home (that's because....we have no family). Anyway, we've seen a lot of cool places and really gotten a good European ski experience. We've been to Chamonix, France...Stubital, Austria...Cortina D'ampezzo, Italy...and various other winter wonderlands. The pack of guys I ski with aren't novices. In fact, they're a little crazy. I've managed to hang on and not get medically disqualified from my flying assignment...so I guess it's a success.

This weekend my entire squadron is taking a ski trip to Iscghl, Austria. It should be a good time and a much needed chance to unwind. Especially since we have a big deployment coming up.

I'll post some more soon...

No comments: