Monday, March 28, 2005

Pevahouse Family Visit

This weekend the Pevahouse family from my hometown in Dickson, TN visited my area in Italy. They were touring through Italy--spending time in Rome, Florence and my area (Friuli). We had a great time. Lot's of good food--and small day trips through the area. We visited San Daniele (home of the famouse Italian Proscutto--Ham), Venice and Cortina D'ampezzo. Also, they got a short tour of the Air Force Base here at Aviano--with some time in the simulator and on the flightline as jets took off.
No trip was complete without 2 trips to my favorite restaurant, Giorgio's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about the Griswalds take on Italy! There really should have been a National Lampoon camera crew following us. Thank you for being the most incredible tour guide! Now I just have to wait for my vacation to accumulate again...

Anonymous said...

A five star experience! Giorgio's was definitely the best food! We really enjoyed our stay in Fruili.

The tour of Aviano AFB (especially the simulators) was awesome! I have much respect for you all up there defending our freedom.

Thanks for taking time off from work to show us the sites! Maybe when I learn to ski I can slalom it up in Cortina.

If only I had a couple more months of paid vacation....