Sunday, January 07, 2007

korean winter







The snow here in Korea can be ridiculous. We live right next to the Yellow Sea...and it blows the rain and snow in like horizontal sheets. It is painful...but cool to watch too.
I'm now "fully settled in" here. I've got my dorm room with the pilots and finally got around to unpacking as well.
The squadron is cool. It's sort of like going back to college. We also have a "hooch" that we do social stuff in on the weekend. There's a band as well called: "Steal Wool" that is made up of a bunch of the pilots. I picked up a guitar job...so I'm happy.

My life just got insanely more busy. I started the IPUG (instructor pilot upgrade) and will be doing that for the next few months. Basically, it will teach me how to train others to fly and fight in the F-16. This all means that I have to study alot more and create newer/better briefing guides for instruction.

I went skiing over Christmas weekend in Yongpyong. It was an experience. Crowded slopes and decent snow...but overall not too bad.
I had to post a photo I took of a little tasty treat the Koreans apparently like! Are you serious?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are getting settled can't wait to see more pics mark has a new story to tell you he got "monstered" it was ridiculous love ya leslie

Anonymous said...

Those photos look surreal. Andrew read "fish guts" and said "EWWWW!"

Anonymous said...

hope you're grubbing plenty of kim-chee.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.