Wednesday, June 14, 2006

turkey halfway

Well, I'm sitting in the lobby of our hotel in Turkey. Luckily, we have wireless internet here in the lobby--so my laptop is coming in handy. Unfortunately, we've had little time to hang out since we've been flying so much.
Good news for me: my sister had a baby recently---a girl...so I'm very happy for her.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get back and see her soon. I'm halfway through my trip here and should leave in a little over a week.

More news: I just found out my follow-on assignment after Italy. I'll be going to South Korea for a one year tour flying the F-16 at Kunsan Air Base. I volunteered for this assignment...so it was kind of expected. I will leave as early as October or November. Luckily, I'll be flying the jet for another guaranteed year and I'll also be getting this "remote" tour out of the way early on in my career. Now, I've just got to get back to the states after that and put myself in a position to not remain a bachelor for the remainder of my life.

Turkey is good. The flying is good. The food is ok and I've only had one severe battle with the "turkish trots."

More to follow....

pic from a weekend trip to Ankara (the capital city of Turkey)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today that you must be finding out about your new assignment soon!
I know it won't be fun, but I think you'll be glad to have it over with sooner than later.

Meredith

Anonymous said...

oh i'm sad i was hoping that you would get to come back to the states. but i guess its better to do it now than later.
love ya leslie

Anonymous said...

Ed: I looked at the website for the base in Korea. When the military says it is "remote" it must be really REMOTE. Oh well, 11 mos. will go by fast. At least people won't be shooting at you. Dad

Anonymous said...

Ed,
First of all congratulations to your sister for having a baby girl :) That's awesome news! Also, I agree it is good to get that tour done now early in your career and have it under your belt as another accomplishment done.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What up Tac,
Looks like you are having fun. When do you head out to Korea?
Steve Allen sealle0@yahoo.com