Saturday, April 30, 2005

Deployment

Our squadron is heading off to Iraq for an AEF (Air Expeditionary Force) deployment. We'll be flying combat missions--primarily CAS (close air support) for ground forces operating in the country. For the last few weeks we've been training for this deployment--studying the threats, our tactics and learning the ROE's (rules of engagement).
This will be my first real combat deployment. However, we've got many experienced pilots in the squadron who have seen it all. Our living conditions will be a slight downgrade from my house here in the Italian mountains! When I'm not flying I plan on exercising, studying Italian (let's hope) and polishing my flying skills in preparation for the flight lead upgrade when I return.
I'll try to keep posting with current news, etc when I get there.
Ciao for now!
Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, take care of you!!!!!!
Kiss, Aniko

Anonymous said...

Ed,
I keep you and your squadron in my prayers often. Take care and return safe!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I will definately keep you and your squadron in my prayers. Many blessings!