Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sleepy Valley



Ever want to just move off to some remote piece of land and just be content with what you want to do and not have to deal with the pressures of work/society, etc.? Well, I'm sure everybody does sometimes. I tried to get out today and went on a little trek about an hour from my house in the Dolomite mountains. Winding through the mountains we stumbled on a little trailhead for mountain bikers and hikers and nearby was this little valley. I thought it looked so neat--framed by the jagged rocks and the now red-brown trees. The grass field was so green--it almost looked fake. But my favorite was the little stone mountain hut/house sitting in the middle of it all. I'm sure my sister, Meredith would have loved it too.
So anyway, I'm quitting my job and moving in there. Just kidding--even though it would be so cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! nice photos.

Anonymous said...

Ed
Its not fair. Wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

A place to black-out and not worry about that doorbell/knocks on the windows...those that say "We know you're in there."

ed266 said...

artie.....too true. actually you just want to be forgotten....way less stress.